- OH YEA this cake is so light and airy everyone might think that was made by Cupid. A box cake mix is a secret to this impressive cake roll. Everone will think that slaved over this cake. You can make this cake in no time. You will be impressed at how lovely, moist and light it is
- 6 eggs
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Valentines day sprinkles, for decorating
- Strawberry sauce, for drizzling
- Fresh strawberries for topping
in mixer bowl put room temperature cream cheese and whip 1 minute add whipping cream and sugar mix in high until light and fluffy.
- Heat oven to 375°F (350° F for dark or nonstick pan). Line bottom only of 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with cooking parchment paper. Spray with baking spray. Place paper baking cups in 6 regular-size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 6 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Add cake mix, water, and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 1 minute. Pour 3 1/2 cups batter into prepared jelly roll pan. Divide remaining batter among the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center and when a toothpick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean. Immediately turn the cake upside down onto clean, thin kitchen towel sprinkled with 1/4 cup powdered sugar; peel away parchment paper. While still hot, carefully roll up cake and towel from narrow end. Cool rolled-up cake 10 minutes at room temperature, and then about 1 hour in the refrigerator. Cool cupcakes 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely, about 30 minutes. Save cupcakes for another use.
- Unroll cake carefully, and remove towel. Allow the end to remain slightly curled. Spread 1/2 of frosting evenly over the surface of the cake. Re-roll the filled cake, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from refrigerator, unwrap and frost the top with half of the of frosting. Transfer cake to serving platter. Decorate with colorful sprinkles, strawberry sauce, and a fresh sliced strawberry. Store loosely covered in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.