I love this recipe it works a hot appetizer or buffet service
They are so good a nice crunchy outside tender and moist on the inside.
with all the flavor of the holidays packed in to a mouth full
Great for cocktails with early arriving guest the night before Thanksgiving.
Or a perfect way to use leftover
- 1 (6.5 ounce) packet cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 /2 apple chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Italian sausage links, casings removed and torn into chunks
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 15 slices bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the stuffing mix, egg and milk. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley, apple and pecans. Mix to combine.
- Add the torn sausage, curry powder and lemon zest. Mix
- Arrange the bacon strips on a baking sheet. Take a small mound of stuffing and form a little log, or finger. Place the mound in the center of each bacon strip. Wrap the bacon around the stuffing.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and stuffing is browned and cooked through.