This is super easy to make and will be the hit of the Easter brunch every one from 1 to 100 will love this lil guy
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 raisins
- 2 sliced almonds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Dip of your choice
- Cut a fourth off of one loaf of dough; shape into a pear to form the head. For the body, flatten remaining portion into a 7-in. x 6-in. oval; place on a greased baking sheet. Place head above the body. Make narrow cuts, about 3/4 in. deep, on each side of the head for whiskers.
- Cut second loaf into four equal portions. For ears, shape two portions into 16-in. ropes; fold ropes in half. Arrange ears with open ends touching the head. Cut a third portion of dough in half; shape each into a 3-1/2-in. oval for back paws. Cut two 1-in. slits on top edge for toes. Position on each side of the body.
- Divide the fourth portion of dough into three pieces. Shape two pieces into 2-1/2-in. balls for front paws; shape the remaining piece into two 1-in. balls for cheeks and one 1/2-in. ball for nose. Place paws on each side of the body; cut two 1-in. slits for toes. Place cheeks and nose on face. Add raisins for eyes and almonds for teeth.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-45 minutes. Brush dough with egg. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Place bread on a serving tray. Cut a 3-1/2-in. circle in the centre of the body. Hollow out bread, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Place a 1-cup shallow bowl in the hole and fill with dip. Yield: 1 loaf.
Enter your Email Address