Using this simple recipe and make it your own. I love to smear some nut butter between the ice cream layers. or using the vanilla ice cream sandwiches and put can apple pie filling between the layers and use crushed vanilla sandwich cookies in top. the sky is the limit add cherishes and chocolate sauce.
- cup heavy cream
- 2tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 6ice cream sandwiches (3.5 ounces each)
- ½cup chocolate chips, chopped
- Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with a piece of wax paper or parchment, allowing the paper to hang over both long sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the sandwiches in a single layer, cutting them to fit as necessary. Spread with half the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter. Discard the paper and serve.