This is some of the best cranberry sauce I have ever put in my mouth.
It is a must try
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh (or frozen and thawed) whole cranberries
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground allspice
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, then stir and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook mixture uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst and sauce thickens, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and pour into serving bowl. Cool completely before serving.