I love this garlic shrimp recipe you can serve right from the pan.
some appetizer picks or toothpicks for a buffet table
Or you can plate them for a sit-down dinner.
Garnish with watercress tossed with lemon and olive oil and a dollop of cheese grits.
rest 4 shrimp on top of grits.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and divined with tail on
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine the sauce ingredients and divide it into half
- Marinate the shrimp with one half of the sauce for 15-30 minutes. Discard marinade
- Over medium-high heat in a 10″ skillet, pan sear the shrimp in some oil. Sear them on both sides in two batches until browned, about 1 minute per side
- Using tongs, rub the shrimp into the caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan
- Dish and serve hot drizzled with the remaining sauce
For even more flavour, try adding some red pepper flakes for heat or fresh lime juice for zest!
Or if you like cilantro, lime and red pepper flakes, try out this variation of cilantro lime honey garlic shrimp skillet!