If your planning a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, Mexican street corn is a must have.
When in Mexico you see this snack sold from carts on the street
It is roasted and slathered in a lime aioli sprinkled cotija cheese
The kids love this.
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (ancho chile powder works too) (see note)
- 1 lime, quartered
- If you are going to bake the corn, leave the husks on. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place the corn covered in husks directly on the oven rack and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the corn is tender and juicy. If you are going to grill the corn, you can leave the corn husks on or take them off for some pretty grill marks.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, garlic powder with the mayonnaise. Place the cotija cheese in a shallow baking dish or a plate. When the corn is done, remove husks and brush the corn with the garlic mayonnaise. Roll in the cotija cheese and sprinkle with cilantro and chili powder. Serve with the lime wedges to squeeze over the corn.
- If you do not want that much heat, replace the chipotle chili powder with smoked paprika.